Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Personifactation CHALLENGE!

This challenge was given by Teenage Writer! Let's roll!



Whooo! Lets go!

~_~*~_~

I like to mind my own business, and write stories. For a few weeks, I had been going pretty smoothly and I was just writing the crucial part of when Blaze confronts the mad scientist Matthew for the first time. Inspiration was hanging over my shoulder, watching me work. He always came in handy when I was writing intense parts like this.


I paused, trying to figure out just how she was going to talk to Dr. Matthew. I was about to say I was finished when Inspiration tapped me on the head with my writing pen. I turned to him with askance in my eyes. “Well,” he said, “think about Blaze’s options. How should she strike up a conversation with a man intent on ruling the whole world, thus triggering the Tribulation? It’s not like she’s going to be nice about it, because that’s just not what you do with a mad scientist.”

I nodded. “You’re right.”

Inspiration glanced at the screen, then looked back at me. “Y’know, you’re working on a very hard project right now. Shouldn’t you start on something easier…like a simple fantasy…?”

I growled at him. “Can we please focus on The Uprising of Doctor Matthew? I’m having a hard enough time focusing on it without you suggesting about starting another story on top of it!”

He lifted his hands in self-defence. “Alright! I was just suggesting it. You look pretty worn out on this book and I thought I would ease your mind.”

I glared at Inspiration, who took that moment to change into a white humanoid cat before my eyes. He then put on a cute face. He knew I couldn’t stand his cute face.

I groaned then chuckled. “You just know how to move me, don’t you?”

He nodded with a smile on his face.

“OK, but I’m not going to stop writing this story until it is finished. I’ve slacked off on my stories for too long.”

Inspiration nodded. “Well, let me retire for the night then because you’re getting mentally worn down and it’s 10 pm.”

I waved back at him as he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

~_~*~_~

Later, then I was in bed, my cell phone rang and my computer beeped because I had left it on. I grabbed my cell phone and answered it before it would attract my mom to my bedroom like a bee to honey. “Hello?”

“Mikaela of Alberta, I demand you hand over your babytiser machine!” I knew that voice all too well. I had many names for him, but it was all narrowed down to the name Procrastination.

“Babytiser machine?” I repeated. “What babytiser machine?”

“You know what I mean!” he hissed.

“Oh, go away!” I growled. “You’ve been a pain in the neck for the last few years and all I wish to do is to get rid of you!” I paused. “And why do you want my babytiser machine? I don’t know why you want it, and I don’t even know if it works!”

“Give it to me tomorrow, or your video game friends will die,” Procrastination hissed dangerously.

But I laughed, his macho-trying-to-be-dangerous attitude was making me giggle. “What video game friends?” I managed to say.

“You KNOW! The ones from SEGA and Nintendo!”

“Oh, those ones!” I nodded. “But sorry, they’re not real.”

I suddenly heard a yell and an electronic sizzle on Procrastination’s side of the phone. Was it just me, or did that just remind me of a Chaos Spear…

I shook my head as Procrastination came back on. “Ha! That was a close one! That black hedgehog is one tough cookie!”

I growled. “I’ll sick the Gondor army on you, Procrastination, if you don’t let them go RIGHT NOW!”

“Sorry, but you can’t have them until I get the babytiser machine!” then the line went dead.

I checked my email, and it turned out to be the same threat, but from someone else…

~_~*~_~

How was that? That was my first installment, so watch out for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Write about what I say! I like when people write to me!