Thursday, January 13, 2011

Book trouble...Writers Block Strikes Again!

Ugh...on my Helen Keene book, I'm writing so slooow that I've been writing chapter five for three-ish days now! I'm at the part where this ranch hand is asking what Helen will do to this guy named Fredrick, because this Fredrick nearly killed her by hanging her by the half-finished clock tower. Hmmm...what should I do? In the first version of this book, I had her distroy most of Fredrick's heard a horses and then steal most of the pregnant mares. But that doesn't seem like it wants to fit in this revisioned version of the book... Any suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. I'd pray about getting Ideas.
    thats what I do when I don't have any Ideas left

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael, I'll do that. But insert YOUR ideas please. I'd like to say that I'd had help when I was writing this book. Then I'd aknowlege you in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, thanks
    that would be swell! know don't you forget you said that! okay..here goes..
    Helen could call the sherrif on Fedrick, or she could......I don't know.. but what I WILL do is I will ask my bloggers who read my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, but here's a interesting fact about the law back in the old west. Helen wouldn't be able to do any justice outside the town. The ranch she's on is outside the town, so the sheriff is powerless. Great idea though. She'd have to lure Fredrick into the town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, back in the Old West, they were COUNTY sheriffs, and these sheriffs had jurisdiction over the entire COUNTY, not just the town. So I believe you could have the sheriff do something outside of the town.
    You could have a marshal instead of a sheriff.
    Here's a link to some info.
    http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-lawmenindex-a.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Andi! I'll think about that!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Write about what I say! I like when people write to me!