Thursday, July 7, 2011

Books and the Sun

The summer is going great so far, and I'm happy. Riding lessons went great yesterday, and my mom thinks I may be ready to lope (canter) soon.

But my brother is having troubles with bullies at the park and my heart burns as I hear the bullies voices drift through my window. The world has truely become heartless.

But on a lighter note, I think I've made a breakthrough in my story The Uprising of Doctor Matthew. Expect the word count to rise. I'm excited, because all the characters are getting new makovers! I think this story will be really awesome, so, I'll put a bit of chapter one it for you to mull about. Here you go!:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was awoken by the sound of a car door being slammed shut. I groaned and rolled over, not wanting to wake up. Why must mornings be so annoying? I asked myself as I sat up. I cradled my groggy head before forcing myself to my feet. And who would be coming over this early? I glanced at my side table clock and gasped when I saw it was nearly ten o’ clock!


I suddenly found myself rushing all over my room before dashing to the bathroom to have a shower. I came back out dressed with my hairdryer in my hands. I plugged it in and then blasted my hair with it until it was dry.

I dashed down the stairs fully clothed, wearing a black long-sleeved t-shirt with white trim and sleeves that billowed out under the elbows, moss green cargo pants that had really long legs so I treaded on the hems, and black fingerless gloves.

At last minute as my mom went to answer the door, I sat down on the bannister and slid the rest of the way down to the first floor.

I was standing behind Mom as she answered the door.

“Ty!” Mom exclaimed at the sight of the man standing on our doorstep. She then shouted over her shoulder, “Henry, your friend Ty is here!”

Footsteps were heard as my father came into the foyer. “Ty! So good to see you!” he exclaimed. “How have your trips been?”

“Wonderful, simply wonderful,” Ty said with a thick British accent. He was smiling and Dad and this Ty were acting like they hadn’t seen each other for months. “I’ve been all over the place—” he saw me, and closed his mouth.

I looked at him strangely. What was he going to say?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Think about it for a bit. It may not be exciting, but it prevokes a sense of "Why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Write about what I say! I like when people write to me!