Monday, July 4, 2011

The Alarmists

Don Hoesel, The Alarmists, 2011

"Wait a minute," she said, her eyes widening. "You're not saying..."
"If I'm right, we have less than nine days."

Sociologist Brent Michael's speciality is seeing order in the chaos of human interaction and he's just been given the most important assignment of his life. Joining a special Pentagon unit headed by Colonel Jameson Richards, they have one goal: Uncover why the world is rushing toward doomsday.

But Brent is a university professor. Does he have what it takes? It doesn't look like it since he's an outsider at the Pentagon and his computer will have to be confisticated at the end--which doesn't go well with Brent.

I give this book 3 stars out of 5. The suspence was awesome, but the way someone suddenly died turned me off. At some points, I had to close the book and put it down for a while. I had to mull over what had just happened for a bit before I could pick it back up and continue reading. I guess I'm just not the type to read about the military. But I'm sure that people that love reading military stories will love it.

I did not mention this in my last review, but I would like to note that this book was given to me for free by Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Write about what I say! I like when people write to me!