Thursday, July 21, 2011

Books, Writing, and Foxes

I drew this picture. This is how I draw my characters. But sadly, this guy isn't going to be in my stories. I haven't drawn my characters yet, because I'm still trying to figure out what colour Mikaela's fur is supposed to be! Please vote on my poll! Someone has already and I think it was Rachel, but I'm not sure. Silver's an OK colour, but I need people's opinions.

Anyway, I've come to a part in The Uprising of Doctor Matthew that is very intense, so I must consentrait. What would YOU do if an army of men from the future came after you because you're the person their boss wants? Eh, you can give me your opinions, I guess, but I've got an idea, and your opinion might be saved for later.

Phantom Horse Hollow is not going as fast as I want it to, but I have my reasons. A) I've been busy, and B) I've been reading up on very interesting stories. I need to fuel my ideas with reading, and I'm glad I like to read. Also, I'm thinking or redoing the themes for my characters. The ones from before seemed like they didn't fit. I'm speaking of my characters from The Uprising of Doctor Matthew. Remember that author-meme-thing I did a while ago? I'm thinking of doing it again, and that is where you'll see the theme songs. I'll be doing it soon, but not today...

I remember that Personification thing I did a while ago. I should pick that up again and write the second chapter of it. I just haven't felt up to it. I don't know why, but my life has been busier than it used to, or maybe it's the fact that I'm babysitting my brother almost every day? I dunno.

The book Invasion by Jon S. Lewis has inspired me to write a bit more action and that not everybody is perfect. I've always felt a little uncomfortable about writing about creatures from other planets ending up on Earth, because, that's too unreal, isn't it? But it isn't. Even though we don't believe aliens exist, you can still make them real enough in the story. That's what I'm going to try to do.


1 comment:

  1. coool! I think it should be silver!


    I love your drawing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Write about what I say! I like when people write to me!