Friday, June 17, 2011

The Girl in the Gatehouse

Julie Klassen, The Girl in the Gatehouse, 2010


Mariah (pronounced: Mir-eye-ah) Aubrey had to leave her home due to her dark past. Never did she know that her new life was going to be so different. The gatehouse provided a perfect home for Miss Dixon, her governess, and herself. It also provides the perfect hide away for Mariah's book writing.

Captian Matthew Bryant leases the estate that the gatehouse is on. He soon finds out that someone's living in the gatehouse and he's drawn to her like a...magnet. But he's on the estate for a reason, and it's not for the girl in the gatehouse. He's there to cover up his orgins--and to get his lady.

I loved this book. I give it 5 stars. If you're looking for a story that'll make it feel like you're actually there, then read this one. My favourite characters were, of course, Mariah and Matthew. There's nothing not to love about them. They both have balanced attitudes; and it is easy to connect with them. I would read this one again, it was just so enjoyable.

1 comment:

Hey! Write about what I say! I like when people write to me!